Facebook is becoming more appealing to everyone, including malicious hackers. We all believe that Facebook manages security quite well, but if a hacker plans to target your account, doing so could be easy, especially for well-trained professional hackers.
The situation could be terrible if someone hacks your account, not only for you but for your contacts too. If you or anyone near you has experienced such an issue and you are wondering how to recover a hacked Facebook account, you can follow the guide here.
Also Read: How to Secure a TikTok Account?
How to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account?
If you’re having trouble logging in, your Facebook account may have been hacked. There is nothing to worry about; you can recover your account by following the steps below.
Take Immediate Step
You must respond immediately if you get an email from Facebook concerning suspicious activity. It will be difficult to recover your account if you delay taking any steps and the hacker has access to your account for a long time.
The longer you take, the longer you give them a chance to mess with and alter your account. Look at your Facebook privacy emails, then quickly follow the directions. Update your password, lock your profile, and go through all other URLs that may allow you to log in to your Facebook profile.
Update Your Password
If you can still login, change your password immediately.
- Select “Settings” from the menu bar at the top of the page after signing into your Facebook profile.
- Select “Security and login” in the profile settings menu on the left corner of the page.
- Double-enter your latest password and existing password to complete the process.
- For precaution, we advise using a password generator and password manager.
- Use the text confirmation mechanism rather than an application verification process.
- Make sure to add your contact details.
- Additionally, we suggest using two-factor authentication (2FA), which increases account safety by introducing a two-step review process. In such a way, your account is almost unhackable.
Step in Case you’re Unable to Access your Account.
Even if the hacker changes your account details, such as your email address and password, there are still ways to recover your Facebook account. You can still recover your Facebook account if the hacker has enabled two-factor authentication.
The easiest way to restore any Fb account is to properly review and adhere to any Facebook privacy email alerts you get. When you get emails from “Facebook” or “facebookmail.com,” follow the links in those emails. If links like “Secure your account” or “Change your password” are ineffective, try following the Facebook recovery guide.
Try Facebook’s password resets features if your password is no longer valid and you think someone has altered it.
- Select “Forgotten password?” on the Fb login screen.
- Select “Search” after entering an email account or contact number attached to your online profile.
- Select “Continue” after logging in using your email address, Gmail, or mobile number.
- Select “Continue” after entering the code you were sent by text message or email.
- To verify, type in your updated password and select “Continue.”
Get Help from Friends and Family
You can get help from friends or family members with recovering the account if you cannot do so alone.
- Allow them to sign in and access the profile you need to restore.
- Look for support or complaints about the profile by clicking the three dots to the right of the username.
- Select “Next” after selecting “I can’t access my account” on the inquiry box.
- Then choose “Recover this account.”
- At the bottom of the box, select “No longer have access to these?”
- Select “Continue” to notify Fb Support
- Then provide an email account or contact number through which they can contact you.
- You might be required to submit an authentic ID, such as your citizenship or driving license. Occasionally, you can take a picture from your webcam and upload it.
- In this case, ensure sufficient light in your area to capture every detail.
- Facebook support may take one to two weeks to reach you after you upload the document.
Inform Facebook About Your Hacked Profile
You should notify Facebook directly about the hacked profile if none of your previous options are successful.
- Go to the website for reporting hacked accounts and choose “My Account Is Compromised.”
- Select “Search” after entering your email account or contact number.
- To submit your account, enter your latest password and press “continue.” You could receive additional information from Facebook to help with account recovery.
- To verify your identity, Facebook may ask you to provide a picture of your ID.
You can see that securing your account is easy. Most accounts weren’t compromised; instead, they were sold away. If everything else fails and you worry about a hacker running your Facebook profile, you may permanently delete your account.