Hacking is a long-term learning process; you can’t learn everything by reading a single book and getting a single course. You should learn from some of the best hacking books to enhance your knowledge. If you want to start a career in hacking or like to learn from the best books, this post will be helpful to you.
Best Hacking Books for Beginners
Currently, the area of cybersecurity is expanding at a fast pace. This is producing a plethora of new career possibilities in the cybersecurity domain. If you are enthusiastic about studying cybersecurity, there are a few books that might help you on your way.
Best Hacking Games for Beginners You Must Play
Advanced Penetration Testing
This book is designed for those who want to think like expert hackers and do pen-testing on strongly protected networks.
- The writer introduces you to various screening technologies and common library programs in such languages.
- A fascinating work; it’s like reading a novel, but it’s technical!
- Very relevant scenarios show how sensitive our data is in the digital world.
- While complicated, the guide shows you how to build unique programs and explains the value of pen-testing methods.
- You can go through the book regardless of having zero programming experience (but some computer background). Various secondary sources can assist you in learning the languages along the road.
- It is also an excellent book for anyone seeking to license as a pen-tester.
Hands-on Ethical Hacking and Network Defense
This is a strong conceptual book for newbies and the best book to learn to hack, especially beginners with no knowledge of networking, cybersecurity, or hacking. So, if you are thinking, Which hacking book should I read first, it’s an excellent book to start. It is a valuable book for a high-level review of hacking ideas such as:
- Testing process
- Types of tools
- Penetration testing approaches
- Software security
- Security protocols.
- It’s simple to read and doesn’t get bogged down in complex explanations or applications.
- Every chapter ends with several problems and quizzes.
- Appendix B of the book has a wealth of materials and helpful reference information.
Best Penetration Testing Courses You Need to Enroll
Hacking: The Art of Exploitation by Jon Erickson
This basic hacking book takes a distinct approach to hacking. The author highlights the significance of thinking like a hacker, being innovative, and investigating areas that have never been explored. Besides learning networking and cybersecurity, the author urges you to have an excellent technological basis and describes how odd hacking strategies work. This is a hands-on and comprehensive book that explores numerous hacking topics with examples.
- Although this book discusses C, it is best to possess a basic familiarity with the language before continuing.
- You must be familiar with the fundamentals of Python, Protocol, OSI, and the system software (Linux).
- It is analytical and complex, so read the book if you are free to thoroughly study all about hacking – it is not a short guidebook.
- The book intends to establish a strong basis for developing your programming methods rather than simply providing examples.
- It includes a Linux CD that allows you to exercise what you learn.
The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing
It is one of the best ethical hacking books to start a career as a pen tester. It covers many technical tools, like:
- Social-Engineering Toolkit
- Backtrack and Kall Linux
If you’re unsure where, to begin with, penetration testing, this book is a must-read.
The author makes an effort to ensure a thorough comprehension of fundamental ideas, stays to the fundamentals, and does not confuse you with technical information or complex theories.
Every section has several examples, end-of-chapter tasks, and additional resources to achieve a better learning experience.
Black Hat Python
This book is one of the best black hat hacking books for people with little programming knowledge but no hacking expertise. Python is simple to learn so you can understand it together with this book. You can also consult internet sources for further details.
- Written in Python 2 and emphasizes how to create powerful hacking tools with Python.
- Details the strategies and tests you at different stages.
- It can be used as a general guide or as a starting point for learning.
- The author provides several fascinating methods for real hacking with Python.
- While some codes are old (Python2), people can convert them to Python3 and apply them.
- The book pushes you to experiment with the principles and extend the current strategies to develop your new adventures.
A great book to read can always be a good idea. Furthermore, if you genuinely want to understand further about hacking or pursue a career in this sector, you should begin with the basics, and, trust it or not, a book will give you more accurate information. Getting helpful knowledge can enhance your faith in your talents, helping you to find a good cybersecurity job or become a skilled hacker.